We look forward to mentoring and guiding students attending the Washington Youth Summit on the Environment for what many alumni claim is a life changing experience. As a highly qualified student, your son or daughter will be among the top high school students across the U.S. who are interested in the environment, conservation and sustainability fields. A large portion of the program features explorations of the exciting and varied careers available in the environmental and conservation fields, as well as valuable meetings and networking opportunities with experts, researchers, educators and leaders in these fields.
For full details of the Summit, including a daily schedule, tuition, fundraising and scholarship information, click on the links above or contact the program director directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 993-5010.
Safety & Supervision
The safety of our students is at the forefront of all conference activities. National Youth Delegates will be led in small groups, and the resident staff/faculty (adult) to student ratio will be approximately 1:10. Students will be supervised both on campus and during all excursions and off-site activities. While National Youth Delegates do have opportunities for independent time, all students will remain in small groups with adult staff at designated meeting spots. The conference faculty is comprised of two Program Directors and a team of trained educators both at the secondary and collegiate level. All National Youth Delegates must reside in Mason’s secure residence halls that are monitored at all times by adult faculty members. Parents and guardians can reach a member of our team at any time during the conference.
Tuition to attend the Washington Youth Summit on the Environment includes the following:
- Six days of environmental conservation and leadership skills development, including hands-on activities, unique and special access to facilities and laboratories, and and experts and leader, and distinguished speakers
- A dedicated Faculty Advisory/Mentor for the week
- On-campus residence in state-of-the-art college dorms and facilities
- Transportation to and from airport
- Transportation in private motor coaches to all off-site events and activities
- Breakfasts, most lunches, and dinners during the Summit (students should bring approximately $15/day for two lunches and snacks)
- National Youth Delegates Dinner and Gala with distinguished speakers and guests
- All ticket and entrance fees for activities, admissions and fees
- Certificate of completion
- One college credit* issued upon successful completion
- Night chaperone staff who are present on-site throughout the night at student dormitories
- 24-hour staff to address any unexpected emergencies
Tuition to attend the Conference is $1995. A deposit of $250 is due when students register for the conference, and a tuition payment plan is also available. There is no cost for students to accept their nomination and partial need-based scholarships are available.
*College credit will be issued by George Mason University. Credit is issued on a pass/fail basis, and its transferability is dependent upon the policy and discretion of the college to be attended.
By registering for the WYSE, the student and his/her parent/guardian agree to abide by the WYSE Code of Conduct. Further, should the contract be violated, you understand that the student will be sent home immediately at the student’s expense.